IRS: 104, NRS: 783
Onne, Kano, Abuja, Ikenne, Mokwa
- Aflasafe Technical Transfer and Commercialization (ATTC)
- Enhancing yam breeding for increased productivity and improved quality in West Africa (AfricaYam)
- Next Generation Cassava Breeding
- Nigeria Agricultural Transformation Agenda Support Program - Phase 1 (ATASP-1 Outreach Program)
- Yam Improvement for Incomes and Food Security in West Africa, Phase II (YIIFSWA II)
- Stress Tolerant Maize for Africa (STMA)
- Putting Nitrogen Fixation to Work for Smallholder Farmers in Africa (N2Africa) Phase II
The IITA Headquarters was founded in 1967 in Ibadan, Nigeria, and we focus on food staples that are highly important to African farmers. The IITA Headquarters sits on about 1,000 hectares that include a 300-hectare forest reserve that preserves some of the region’s indigenous flora and fauna.
There are extensive research facilities on campus including the Biosciences Center, the Genetic Resources Center, the Germplasm Health Unit, the Virology and Molecular Diagnostics Unit, the Biometrics Unit, and a range of laboratories for Analytical Services, Nematology, Pathology, Geospatial Mapping, Soil Microbiology, Crop Breeding, Entomology, and Food and Nutrition.
Area (total): 910,770 km2
Population: 185,989,640 (2016)
Sabo Bakin Zuwo Road PMB 3112, Kano, Nigeria
Beside Old Water works Kubuwa PMB 82, 901101, Abuja Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria.
IITA Road, Onne Eleme LGA, Rivers State