Evolution, Ecology and Control of Plant Viruses
January 28 to February 1, 2013
The Ngurdoto Mountain Lodge, Arusha, Tanzania
Organized & Hosted by International Plant Virus Epidemiology Committee (IPVE) and the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Download IPVE Flyer
View book of abstracts
A group photo of participants at the 12th IPVE Symposium.
Symposium series held under auspices of the International Committee on Plant Virus Epidemiology (ICPVE; isppweb.org/ICPVE/) of the International Society of the International Society of Plant Pathology.
The 12th symposium focuses on emergence, epidemiology and control of native and new encounter virus diseases to reflect on prevailing situation of virus diseases in the Africa and around the world that are not only ravaging the crop production, but also affecting the international exchange of germplasm and commerce.
The symposium will provide a forum for exchange of latest knowledge and technologies to control virus diseases and pave way for an African and global strategy to combat emerging and reemerging plant virus diseases.
Symposium format: Oral sessions, poster sessions and a field trip
Registration fee: US$375
- Transportation from Kilimanjaro airport to conference venue and back; (Arrives on 27 Jan and departures from 1st February Afternoon);
- Transportation for all conference-related events; Access to all conference presentations;
symposium tote bag with materials; and internet access.
- Meals and refreshments provided during conference (two breaks per day with beverages and snacks); Lunch: Monday (28-Jan) through Friday (1-Feb); Dinner: Monday (28-Jan) through Thursday (31 Jan). for Plant Pathology (isppweb.org/index.asp).
Registration fees for Accompanying Persons/Guests: US$250
- Coverage, same as participants; symposium tote bag and materials not provided.
- Register by 15 November. Subsequent registrations attract US$ 150 late fees.
- Cancellations attract 25% levy as transaction costs; no refunds after 30 November 2012.
Participants pay for Airfare, accommodation, visa expenses, vaccination, health insurance, dinner on Sunday (27 Jan); dinner on Friday (1 Fri), Safaris, Tours, and other travels and incidentals.
The symposium will take place at the The Ngurdoto Mountain Lodge where all symposium participants will stay. The venue, located between Mt Kilimanjaro and Mt. Meru in Arusha, Tanzania, is approximately 40 minutes by road from the Kilimanjaro International Airport (airport code: JRO). Participants should plan to arrive at Kilimanjaro Airport in Tanzania, on Sunday, January 27, 2013. Transportation to symposium venue (arrivals January 27, 2013 only) and airport (departures February 1 and 2, 2013 only) will be provided and is included in the registration fee.
Rates of accommodation at the Ngurdoto Mountain Lodge:
- Single occupancy: US$80 (bed & breakfast)
- Double occupancy: US$ 140 (bed & breakfast)
- Registration and abstract submission: 15 April 2012 onwards
- Last date for abstract submission: 15 November 2012
- Abstract acceptance notified by: 30 November 2012
For further information
The list of previous IPVE symposium
- UK, Oxford, 28 - 31 July 1981
- Australia, Corowa, 25 - 27 August 1983
- USA, Orlando, 6 - 8 August 1986
- France, Montpellier, 1 - 5 September 1989
- Italy, Valenzano (Bari), 27 - 31 July 1992
- Israel, Maale Ha'Chamisha (Jerusalem), 23 - 28 April 1995
- Spain, Aguadulce (Almeria), 11 - 16 April 1999
- Germany, Ascherleben, 12 - 17 May 2002
- Peru, (CIP) Lima, 4 - 7 April 2005
- India, (ICRISAT) Hyderabad, 15 – 19 October 2007
- USA, (Cornell University), Ithaca, 20 – 24 June 2010