This practical training will provide the necessary knowledge and skills to manage a profitable agribusiness.
Date: 16-17 July 2019
Venue: International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) Ibadan, Nigeria
Training language: English
- Global trends in Agribusiness
- Key elements of starting an agribusiness
- Strategic agribusiness planning and design
- Business proposal and business plan
- Basics of agribusiness finance and record keeping
- Marketing benefit vs features
- Unique value proposition
- Social media marketing and selling online
- Accessing loans
At the end of the training, participants should be able to
- Know global trends in agricultural markets
- Develop business ideas and good business plan
- Know how to manage their agribusinesses to maximize profit
- Use the online and social platforms for marketing their commodities
- Underst and the market linkages
This training is aimed at three categories of participants; those interested in starting an agribusiness, those that already have an agribusiness but need management skills to maintain and exp and, and agribusiness facilitators who work incubation centers, provide guidance to agribusiness practitioners.
All participants shall be responsible for their accommodation. IITA may make arrangement for interested participants on request. Accommodation request should be made at least three weeks before the commencement of the workshop.
Two hundred US dollars ($200) only or Equivalent in Naira, CFA or Euro. Fee covers Tuition, Training Materials and Refreshments (Tea break and Lunch).
Registration is subject to confirmation of received payment.
Please send payment confirmation details to IITA-TrainingUnit@cgiar.org
For further information contact IITA Training unit.