CGIAR Research Program (CRP) 3.2: MAIZE- Global Alliance for Improving Food Security and the Livelihoods of the Resource-poor in the Developing World
To double productivity and significantly increase incomes and improve livelihoods from more productive, resilient and sustainable maize-based farming systems on the same land area and as climate changes and costs of fertilizer, water, and labor increase.
- Increased productivity and stability of farming systems
- Increased income of smallholder farmers
- Increased yields of maize for smallholder farmers
- Increased nutritional diet
- Reduced post-harvest losses in maize production and maize-based products
- Reduced aflatoxin in maize value chain.
IITA testing sites in Nigeria, national agricultural research systems in Africa, Asia and Latin America