CGIAR Research Program on Maize: (CGIAR Research Program on Maize Agri-Food Systems)
Project goalTo double productivity and significantly increase incomes and improve livelihoods from more productive, resilient and sustainable maize-based farming systems on same land area and as climate changes and costs of fertilizer, water, and labor increase.
- Increased productivity and stability of farming systems
- Increased income of smallholder farmers
- Increased yields of maize for smallholder farmers
- Increased nutritional diet
- Reduced post-harvest losses in maize production and maize-based products
- Reduced aflatoxin in the maize value chain.
Project locationsIITA testing sites in Nigeria, national agricultural research systems in Africa, Asia, and Latin America
Menkir, Abebe (IITA)
Start: 01 July 2011
End: 31 December 2022