A 3-day workshop that includes theoretical and h ands-on training in basic bioinformatics techniques. Participants will also be introduced to online repositories and how to work with them.
The aim of this training is to equip participants with the basic knowledge and skills of bioinformatics.
Date: 18-20 August 2021
Training language: English
Registration deadline: 3 August 2021
- Introduction to Bioinformatics
- Sequence Editing and Alignment
- PCR Primer Design and Evaluation
- Hands-on on DNA Repositories (NCBI, ENA)
- Hands-on on Protein Repository (UNIPROT)
- Plant Population Genetics and Evolution
- Phylogenetics Tree Construction
At the end of the training, participants will have:
- experience in the use of online tools like BLAST for sequence search
- knowledge and some experience in primer design and evaluation
- Knowledge and experience in the use online repositories such as NCBI, ENA, UNIPROT etc.
Research scientists, supervisory personnel, science lecturers/teachers, graduate students, technicians and those who require knowledge of bioinformatics.
Eighty US dollars ($80) only or Equivalent in Naira, CFA or Euro. Fee covers tuition, course materials and training certificate at the end of the training workshop
The registration deadline is September 07, 2020. Registration is subject to confirmation of received payment. Please send payment confirmation details and completed registration form to: IITA-TrainingUnit@cgiar.org
For further information contact IITA Training unit.