Succesful crop production is linked to having the right seed, of the right quality, grown in the right environment and under the right conditions. Consequently, production of quality seed in paramount in ensuring a food secure future especially in sub Saharan Africa. This training will offer an opportunity for crop growers to learn the principles and techniques to achieving this.
The objective of this training is to teach participants the fundamentals of seed production using practical techniques.
Date: 26-28 October 2020
Deadlines: 22 October 2020
Training language: English
- Basics of crop production
- Sustainable maize seed production
- Sustainable Soy-bean seed production
- Quality Cassava planting material
- Fundamentals of Cassava processing
At the end of the training, participants will have:
- demonstrate underst anding of the basics of crop production
- determine the variety required for suitable environment
- demonstrate underst anding of nutritional quality of seeds
Farm managers, Farm Technicians, Seed Producers, Anyone interested in producing high quality cassava, maize and soybean.
Two Hundred US dollars ($200) only or Equivalent in Naira, CFA or Euro. Fee covers Tuition, Course materials and Training Certificate.
Registration is subject to confirmation of received payment.
Please send payment confirmation details to IITA-TrainingUnit@cgiar.org
For further information contact IITA Training unit.