The course is designed to upgrade the skills of participants in the most appropriate methods of computation, analysis and presentation of statistical data to ensure most effective and efficient utilization of the data and information generated from them using SAS
The course objective is to equip the participants with exceptional ability to manage qualitative and quantitative data, perform basic and advanced statistical techniques and interpret the output results in acceptable forms.
Date: 19-23 October 2020
Deadline: 28 September 2020
Venue: International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) Ibadan, Nigeria
Training language: English
- Introduction to SAS statistical software
- Basic statistics
- Advanced statistics
- Design & analysis of scientific experiments
- Sampling design
- Survey data
At the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Efficiently use SAS statistical software for data analysis
- Manage quantitative and qualitative data effectively
- Perform various statistics (e.g. data management, transformation, regression, Analysis of Variance (ANOVA), multivariate analysis etc.)
- Effectively execute basic experimental designs and analysis
- Present basic sampling designs and inputting survey data effectively
- Interpret simple and complex data outputs accurately
- Present results in an acceptable fashion (Tables, Graphics, Charts, etc.)
Training designed for research scientists, Persons involved in statistical data collection and analysis, Graduate students, Lecturers and Teachers.
Participants are expected to come along with computer laptops (4GB RAM or greater, 20GB free HD space, Windows 7+) and encouraged to bring along own datasets for practical sessions.
All participants shall be responsible for their accommodation. IITA may make arrangement for interested participants on request. Accommodation request should be made at least three weeks before the commencement of the workshop.
Regular: Five hundred US dollars ($500) only or Equivalent in Naira, CFA or Euro.
Early bird: 10% discount if payment is made by 30 June 2020
5% discount if payment is made by 31 August 2020
Group booking: 10% discount on 3 and above participants from an organisation
Fee covers Tuition, Training Materials, Certificate of participation and Refreshments.
Registration is subject to confirmation of received payment. Please send payment confirmation details and completed registration form to: IITA-TrainingUnit@cgiar.org
For further information contact IITA Training unit.