IRS: 2, NRS: 0
- Aflatoxin Biocontrol Mitigation in Africa
- Aflasafe Technical Transfer and Commercialization (ATTC)
- Regional Strategic Analysis and Knowledge Support System in West Africa (ReSAKSS-WA Phase III)
- Enhancing Capacity to Apply Research Evidence (CARE)
- Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Climate Resilient Cowpea
In Senegal, IITA currently works on building research capacity of the people through the Developing Capacity for Agricultural Research for Development (C4R4D) in sub-Saharan Africa project, specifically in the areas of agriculture and environment.
We are also involved in improving the capacity of African, regional and national partners for strategic analysis and knowledge management of the agricultural sector through Regional Strategic Analysis and Knowledge Support System in West Africa (ReSAKSS-WA Phase III) project.
As part of our work on combating aflatoxins, we are currently demonstrating how our biocontrol product, Aflasafe SN01, can be used in reducing aflatoxin in groundnut fields. This is done through the Aflasafe Technology Transfer and Commercialization (ATTC) project.
Through the Capacity to Apply Research Evidence (CARE) in policy for youth engagement, IITA is working at improving the availability, exchange, dissemination and use of research findings in the field of agribusiness and rural economic activities for young Africa scholars.
Currency: CFA franc
Area (total): 192,530 km2
Population: 15,850,567 (2017)